Please let me know what you think! This blog will evolve and your comments will help. Just click on the "comment" icon after each post. Besides, I'm sure the artists being profiled would love to hear some reactions!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Spotlight on: Laura Sue Peters Earth Art

Laura Sue Peters creates textural paintings in rich warm colors.  Whether you are looking at Bird on a Wire or her pictures of trees or horses, you are drawn to the atmospheric condition of the painting. 




While for some of her pieces she creates a rock hard texture that wraps around the sides and becomes an integral part of the painting, others have gallery wrapped canvases that are painted on the sides.  All are  ready to hang.



Does she have a favorite painting?  "I cannot really say I have a favorite painting ," she says. "For me it's the process of painting that is my passion - I am thrilled that when I am finished with a painting that it usually makes it's way to a home in a week or so. I attribute my consistent sales with just that - consistency. I have an identifiable texture and use my favorite colors and of course am in love with nature. I am consistent in my customer service - I want each experience to be as positive as possible when someone is collecting a piece of my art - I treat others as I'd like to be treated:)"




About her personal life she says, "I am so fortunate to have a creative and supportive husband and boys - they inspire me each day and give me the freedom to explore all that I might!"



Many artists struggle with trying to market their work.  (Hence the term "starving artist")  Not so much for Laura Sue.  "My marketing consists of customer service - I send multiple business cards with each painting and am prompt and professional and use only the finest materials. This in turn has given me repeat business as well as business from those who see my art at others homes or offices. I quit the gallery shows - I am just too busy selling on my own.


I have just recently sold to a couple very famous people and am waiting for their management to give me the green light to state in my website - but my art is starting to be collected by some household names - yippee!


So I know there are many who spend hours marketing other ways - but I don't have a facebook or twitter or blog - though I admire those who do, it may be helpful to know that being true to ones craft and being tenacious is also a route to take in tandem."








I found Laura's work on etsy.  I was really drawn to her work.  It is definitely something I could envision on my walls.  Bet you could, too.


To see more of Laura's work go to:


www.EarthArt.etsy.com






Quote of the Day:

"I thank you God for this most amazing day,
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees,
and for the blue dream of sky
 and for everything which is natural, which is infinite,
which is yes."

-e.e. cummings





C5SGWEC28SA9

1 comment:

Leinaala Mitchell said...

These paintings are magical, I really can't decide on a favorite!