Please let me know what you think! This blog will evolve and your comments will help. Just click on the "comment" icon after each post. Besides, I'm sure the artists being profiled would love to hear some reactions!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Changing History

   This morning I was using Google Analytics to check the activity on my website and online shops. I like to do this now and again. It’s fun to see how many people look at my stuff. I particularly like to see where they are from and how they got to my site. Anyway, on the pull down menu marked “Reporting” there was an option – “CHANGE HISTORY”. Well I had to chuckle and literally had to sit back for a few minutes to ponder. That took my mind on a wild ride. Imagine being able to change history with the push of a button? Where would you begin? And then what? And hasn’t there been a Sci-Fi movie or two about this?
   Well, I understand that I will never really be able to change history. And I am thinking that I probably wouldn’t want to. Sure there are a lot of things that I would rather never happened but I do believe that everything happens for a reason and that we are exactly where we are supposed to be. Why? Because maybe there is something we need to do or learn in the here and now. There are so many things and events that led me to where I am now. For example, if I hadn’t moved from New York to North Carolina, I may not have given up my job and started making purses and returned to woodturning. I may never have noticed all the great handmade products available and been driven to show people that they have an alternative to “big box” stores. I wouldn’t be writing this blog. You wouldn’t be reading it and seeing Scott Plumb in the “Spotlight” today.
   So what it comes down to is that I can’t change history. I can only learn from it and try to use my present station to learn my lessons and make the most of every day to do what I can do. I am exactly where I’m supposed to be and am doing what I’m supposed to be doing. And now you know about Scott.

 Quote of the Day:
 
 
"When I stand before God at the end of my life,
 I would hope that I would not have
a single bit of talent left and could say,
''I used everything you gave me.''

                                            - Erma Bombeck

No comments: